Things Found, Things Lost
Well it has been an interesting two weeks and an even more interesting year. It is truely amazing how much things have changed since last year. David and I are still stunned by how much parenthood has changed us, the things we consider important and our relationship with those close and dear to us. Family and friends are more important than ever and our time spent with them has taken on a new importance as well.
Christmas holidays were spent in Calgary/Edmonton. Vasyl, David and I flew to Calgary on December 20. Vasyl was fantastic on his first flight, David suggested that this was owing to the inflight bar. We spent the first 4 days with Baba, Dido, Uncle Nicholas and Auntie Katie. Calgary was unseasonably warm and this was enjoyed by all, but perhaps most of all by Dido. Dido managed to steal Vasyl away for a few special walks.
On December 24th the whole clan headed for Edmonton, where we raced to Bill and Lesia's for yet another wonderful Christmas Eve dinner. They are truely amazing in their generosity as well as time management. The way they deliver the Christmas Eve feast is really impressive. Following dinner presents were opened and enjoyed by all. Almost everyone headed for mass, but Vasyl and I went to Great Grandma & Grandpa's house for a final feed and some sleep.
Christmas morning started with food, hugs and kisses. Everyone was there except our Maryna, who was sorely missed by all. Thankfully she had the beach to console her so far from all of us. We all opened our gifts and shared in the warmth of family cheer. Vasyl received blocks, books, blankets, clothes, toy trucks and more! We had yet another beautiful feast.
Boxing day was spent recovering from all of the wonderful food consumed and Vasyl's soon to be God Mother arrived. We narrowly missed picking her up at the airport, only to miss her at the hotel as well. David, Vasyl and I decided to have some nachos. Actually Vasyl slept right through the nachos, only to awake with a shocked look on his face to discover himself at a busy Mexican restaurant.
On December 27th the day for Vasyl's Baptism had finally arrived. We all rushed to St. Basil's chapel to meet up with Father Gabriel. Father Gabriel is a very sweet fellow and very kindly led the non Ukranian Catholics through the ceremony. Speaking of which, Vasyl is apparently going to be quite a singer with an amazing vocal range. He cried through most of the baptism. The final straw was pouring water over his head. He had a bath the night before and perhaps he felt additional washing was not necessary. He made a complete recovery at Pack Rat Louie's for brunch following the baptism. He was happily passed from person to person, telling them the whole story about the trials of the day. Vasyl really is a social butterfly, happiest when being adored by many. And truely what is there not to adore, he is such a wonderful little baby! Baba, Dido, Uncle Nick, Aunt Katie, David, Vasyl and I headed back to Calgary.
David and I went to see the Narnia movie and out for a wonderful Russian meal in Calgary, all on our own. I have to admit I do feel a little naked without Vasyl, but it was wonderful just the two of us for some alone time. Baba and Dido were happy for the alone time with Vasyl and he just loves his time with them. I think it will be quite the transition back to just seeing mom all day. Thankfully we start some more classes the second week in January.
Finally on December 30th David, Vasyl and I headed home. Vasyl was even more fantastic on the flight home. Not one unhappy peep the whole trip. I think Vasyl will be a world traveller one day.
Are you wondering what was lost and what was found.
Lost one Pacman frog. Upon returning to the house we dicovered our little Albino Pacman frog had expired. Apparently my assertion that he was "looking a little rough" was an understatement. We were quite sad, but we can not tell for sure what did him in. He was apparently still alive two days before we got home.
Found one little winker. Vasyl has discovered his winker. Come changing time he happily tugs away on it. It is a little scary, he seems to be quite rough with it. I keep trying to convince him that he should be careful, he will want that for another day.
Anyway must run, but I will put up more pictures later.
Lots of love to all.
Christmas holidays were spent in Calgary/Edmonton. Vasyl, David and I flew to Calgary on December 20. Vasyl was fantastic on his first flight, David suggested that this was owing to the inflight bar. We spent the first 4 days with Baba, Dido, Uncle Nicholas and Auntie Katie. Calgary was unseasonably warm and this was enjoyed by all, but perhaps most of all by Dido. Dido managed to steal Vasyl away for a few special walks.
On December 24th the whole clan headed for Edmonton, where we raced to Bill and Lesia's for yet another wonderful Christmas Eve dinner. They are truely amazing in their generosity as well as time management. The way they deliver the Christmas Eve feast is really impressive. Following dinner presents were opened and enjoyed by all. Almost everyone headed for mass, but Vasyl and I went to Great Grandma & Grandpa's house for a final feed and some sleep.
Christmas morning started with food, hugs and kisses. Everyone was there except our Maryna, who was sorely missed by all. Thankfully she had the beach to console her so far from all of us. We all opened our gifts and shared in the warmth of family cheer. Vasyl received blocks, books, blankets, clothes, toy trucks and more! We had yet another beautiful feast.
Boxing day was spent recovering from all of the wonderful food consumed and Vasyl's soon to be God Mother arrived. We narrowly missed picking her up at the airport, only to miss her at the hotel as well. David, Vasyl and I decided to have some nachos. Actually Vasyl slept right through the nachos, only to awake with a shocked look on his face to discover himself at a busy Mexican restaurant.
On December 27th the day for Vasyl's Baptism had finally arrived. We all rushed to St. Basil's chapel to meet up with Father Gabriel. Father Gabriel is a very sweet fellow and very kindly led the non Ukranian Catholics through the ceremony. Speaking of which, Vasyl is apparently going to be quite a singer with an amazing vocal range. He cried through most of the baptism. The final straw was pouring water over his head. He had a bath the night before and perhaps he felt additional washing was not necessary. He made a complete recovery at Pack Rat Louie's for brunch following the baptism. He was happily passed from person to person, telling them the whole story about the trials of the day. Vasyl really is a social butterfly, happiest when being adored by many. And truely what is there not to adore, he is such a wonderful little baby! Baba, Dido, Uncle Nick, Aunt Katie, David, Vasyl and I headed back to Calgary.
David and I went to see the Narnia movie and out for a wonderful Russian meal in Calgary, all on our own. I have to admit I do feel a little naked without Vasyl, but it was wonderful just the two of us for some alone time. Baba and Dido were happy for the alone time with Vasyl and he just loves his time with them. I think it will be quite the transition back to just seeing mom all day. Thankfully we start some more classes the second week in January.
Finally on December 30th David, Vasyl and I headed home. Vasyl was even more fantastic on the flight home. Not one unhappy peep the whole trip. I think Vasyl will be a world traveller one day.
Are you wondering what was lost and what was found.
Lost one Pacman frog. Upon returning to the house we dicovered our little Albino Pacman frog had expired. Apparently my assertion that he was "looking a little rough" was an understatement. We were quite sad, but we can not tell for sure what did him in. He was apparently still alive two days before we got home.
Found one little winker. Vasyl has discovered his winker. Come changing time he happily tugs away on it. It is a little scary, he seems to be quite rough with it. I keep trying to convince him that he should be careful, he will want that for another day.
Anyway must run, but I will put up more pictures later.
Lots of love to all.

1 Comments:
Sorry to hear about the loss of your frog. As for Vasyl's find, all I can think is that he's going to want to kill you when he grows up ;)
All of you were sorely missed this Christmas too -- the beach was nice though. I need another Christmas holiday so I can come see all of you...
hugs and kisses!
Post a Comment
<< Home